Business Strategist III, Commercial Partnerships
Riot Commercial Partnerships is a business unit within Riot's Publishing Pillar and serves as the central hub for B2B partnerships at Riot. The Strategy and Operations team supports these partnership efforts by providing insights and driving high-impact enablement initiatives.
As a Business Strategist III, you'll report to the Head of Commercial Partnership Strategy & Operations. Your overall objective is to create and drive critical strategic initiatives that support the growth of Riot's commercial ecosystem in a player-focused way.
You will be a thought partner for Riot leaders in varying functions (e.g., brand, product development, business development), co-creating bespoke commercial partnership strategies for each of Riot's products and regions.
You will support the Commercial Partnership teams with deal diligence and valuations, while creating tools, capabilities, and processes for supported teams that optimize operations and empower fellow Rioters to do their work.
Your day to day will involve solving ambiguous problems with the team, contributing insights to better inform business decisions, owning financial models, crafting narratives and presentations, and communicating with peers and senior leaders across the organization.
• Develop insights and create strategic and operational recommendations through quantitative and qualitative analyses of the commercial ecosystem
• Create and own financial models to support decision making on prospective partnerships and train Rioters in the proper use of these models where appropriate
• Co-create strategies in partnership with supported teams and measure the outcomes of those strategies
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for operational improvement and effect change accordingly
• Thought-partner with teammates on your workstreams in a collaborative, supportive manner
• Establish trust-based working relationships with team members and leaders across Riot
• 8+ years experience
• 2+years in management consulting or investment banking or 3+ years in a similar internal role (e.g. corporate strategy)
• Proficiency with financial modeling (e.g., forecasting, opportunity identification, deal valuation) or other analytical modeling (e.g., market analytics, operations)
• Experience driving analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning
• multiple organizations
• Experience creating complex information into clear communications or presentation decks
• Experience supporting a sales or business development organization
• Familiarity with the gaming and entertainment ecosystem
• Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb50jo-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.