Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational agreement by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for engineers, guiding their performance and finding growth opportunities while maintaining a focus on shipping player value.
As a Broadcast Engineering Manager of the EMEA esports Production team, you will lead the broadcast engineering team that delivers our esports experiences across the region, spearheaded by LEC. You will oversee the technical and operational delivery of broadcast productions, including team management, equipment maintenance, communications and technical support, while liaising directly with clients. You will also oversee many project management activities, including planning, budgeting and reporting.
This role is based within the Riot Games office in Adlershof, Berlin and as part of your role, you will travel approximately 30 days per year on the road for roadshows, training, and trade shows.
You will report to the EMEA esports engineering lead.
• Manage a team of broadcast engineers; coaching them, overseeing performance management, identifying growth opportunities, and ensuring positive results.
• Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
• Help build great teams through recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining people.
• Stay hands-on with your team's tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working with your team's engineers.
• Understands the product vision, identifies misalignments, and works collaboratively to get the right vision in place
• 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
• 5+ years as a Broadcast Engineer with a focus on building consumer or player facing products.
• Understand baseband video signals, routing, encoding, and decoding
• Understand Digital Asset Management workflows
• Experience with the movement of uncompressed and compressed video through routed IP-based networks, traditional video fiber, and terrestrial satellite
• Understand at least on a basic level audio routing, crew communications in a live studio environment, and sound play out optimization in indoor/outdoor venues
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Experience with sporting events and live production in a studio.
• Experience in road show environments.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Family Bonding leave
• Commuting and Travel allowance
• Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Wellness/Gym allowance
• Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebn92-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.