Mobile Community Engagement Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Brand Manager, you'll lead projects that harness Riot's creative energies to engage players in Japan with a deep understanding and appreciation of the Riot Games brand. You'll join a team of fellow gamers that's breaking boundaries by marrying high-level marketing and brand strategies with a genuine understanding of what excites players in Japan. You'll help bring more engaging experiences to more players in Japan and help us define and evolve the League of Legends, esports, and Riot Games brand.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, Riot Games Tokyo is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
• Experienced: you've got a deep knowledge of and a strong track record creating and executing marketing or brand campaigns focused on delivering value to players in unique and memorable ways
• A creative: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up those strong marketing instincts with meticulous analysis, metrics, and stats
• Strategic: your foresight is 20/20, enabling you to get a jump on future trends and shifts with seer-like accuracy; you anticipate consequences, creating breakthrough strategies and plans that zig when everyone else is stuck in the zag
• An idea machine: your brainstorms make other brainstorms look like headsprinkles or braincloudies with a chance of scattered showers; you believe creativity blocks are for amateurs, and easily make connections where others see chasms
• Player-focused: you're a lifelong gamer who's passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to the players in and out of the game
• A problem solver: when problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
• A team architect: you draw up the plans to build successful squads, engaging teammates with a strong foundation of belonging, spirit, expression, and accountability; when it's time to take a bow, you prefer spreading the praise across the team, sharing a win as one
• Multilingual: you're fluent in English and Japanese; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and offending them
• Lead branding and marketing programs that engage players in Japan and champion the Riot Games and League of Legends brand
• Create campaign strategies in partnership with the development team and LA marketing teams that will hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways for players from Santa Monica to Tokyo
• Establish and use KPIs to help us hand-craft marketing solutions that delight players
• Evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that elevate and reinforce League of Legends' and Riot Games' positioning
• Inspire, lead, and coach marketing associates who are responsible for global marketing programs
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.