Senior Internal Communications Strategist - Executive & Corporate
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to invest in the best player experiences across all our products, with a bold vision for the future of Riot.
That's where you come in. Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players. Our philosophy is that brand management at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest, and to achieve meaning for all things that we do. We're focused on contributing to creative work centered around 'showing' vs. 'telling'. We look for brand lovers who can grow our business, think about brand marketing in new ways, dream big and help create epic content. Our culture succeeds by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. This role reports to the Senior Brand Manager of the Riot Games brand team.
• Lead overall Riot Games branded player-facing communication strategy. Develop perspective on the whys, hows, whats, and whens of our communications with players.
• Develop new global brand campaigns, from insight to execution, that resonate with players across games and regions.
• Actively create projects that ensure Riot's DNA, identity, and purpose manifest across games, departments, and IP - preserving its integrity in all we do
• Be the point person to advise on usage of the Riot Games brand identity across platforms, content, and partnerships
• 6+ years of marketing experience
• Experience implementing strategy from creation to realization in market
• Experience with feedback and collaboration with in-house strategists, creatives, and external agencies/partners
• Experience partnering with experts to gather project insights or research and can interpret complex information into marketing insights
• An understanding of brand marketing metrics and the tactics employed to improve them
• You are a person who believes that there is always more to learn from each other, from players, and approach each problem with optimism, curiosity, and passion.
• Experience working on cultural brands (lifestyle, entertainment) that serve passionate audiences
• Working knowledge of general (MBA experience valid) business frameworks (finance and budgeting, operations, project management)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zxx9-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.