Senior Illustration Artist
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers an entire initiative. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. As an Associate Art Director on LoR, In this role you'll be accountable for the visual direction and quality of the core game experience within Legends of Runeterra. You will build the vision for and direct a cross-discipline team of experienced developers from around the world to expand the diverse world of Runeterra, tell stories through card illustrations, and create the impactful cinematic moments of our champions. You will report to the Art Director.
• Manage the visual direction and quality of card content and game modes for Legends of Runeterra
• Lead multiple teams of cross-discipline artists and external partners from around the globe by managing and working through a team of experienced art leads.
• Cultivate a healthy environment that values collaboration for artists
• Partner with Gameplay leadership to build and implement initiative strategies
• Create and foster great relationships with outstanding external art studios and contractors
• Develop a diverse world of Runeterra that includes representation from all parts of its wide ranging global playerbase
• Continue to evolve the pipeline and build efficiencies into the processes of the Gameplay art team
• BA in Game Art Development or equivalent experience
• 10+ years experience as a professional Artist/Art Lead
• 4+ years management experience with creative teams
• Foundational artistic skills (composition, color, shape language)
• Experience leading larger strategic efforts
• Understanding of the game asset pipeline from concept to final render
• Familiarity with the Runeterra IP
• Experience managing and coaching other leaders
• Concept and illustration skills
• Modeling and animation skills
• Unity game engine experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.