Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Art Lead will drive the creative aspects of product development for DTP (Direct to Players) and licensing businesses for the China market by closely working across Riot teams and managing outsourced creative agencies/artists.
• Develop and implement regional best practices for the art discipline
• Ensure art assets in CN are clean, organized, and defined correctly for easy access
• Provide creative input from a regional perspective for global consumer products created by the Central art team
• Lead art feedback and design review of regional licensee partners' submissions, with the ability to turn around clear feedback quickly and effectively between multiple parties
• Communicate Riot's creative vision to the CN-based partners and serve as the primary voice for creative input and feedback
• Ensure Riot's art quality standards are met for regional projects and that assets are delivered
on time and within budget
• Oversee the workflow of our CN-based art vendors including organizing and leading daily rituals, gathering all submissions by vendors, and consolidating feedback from the regional
DTP team before providing feedback on submissions
• Manage contracts for all CN art vendors (e.g., reviewing and approving time cards/invoices) and source and test new vendors as needed
• 4 years experience in product design, art outsource management, or licensee product approvals
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to articulate art and production process, deliver feedback in a positive manner, and discuss design reasoning
• Experience collaborating and maintaining relationships with multiple teams
• Willingness to roll-up sleeves and directly contribute to all aspects of the art/creative process
from concept to final approval as necessary.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
• Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese
• Outstanding communication skills
• Experience in the games industry
• Experience executing on creative strategy within budget constraints
• Experience giving art direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
• Knowledge of League of Legends IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.