Manager, Motion Product Design
San Francisco, CA
Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other several discipline leads. You will manage artists that work not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve.
As an Art Director on an R&D project, you'll be responsible for moving a new game from pre-production and into production. In this role you will report to the R&D Game Lead. You'll manage a cross discipline team of artists, set art goals, and lead the execution strategy. As a content heavy game, you will identify strategic art resource needs, production partners, and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. As a part of the leadership team, you'll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals.
• Own and drive the established early art vision
• Set product-wide art goals and timelines
• Work with design to ensure the art supports the game experience
• Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing worlds and characters
• Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
• Take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
• Build, manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
• 10+ years experience developing art in the games industry
• Experience leading and managing other game artists and art leaders
• Experience with content heavy games that require multiple development partners
• Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
• Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling, and color theory
• Multi-platform development experience
• Experience working on a live service
• Experience creating concept art and production paintings
• A portfolio that shows your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.