Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other several discipline leads. You will manage artists that work not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve.
As an Art Director, you'll report to the Director of Art Management. You will be responsible for moving a game from prototype through pre-production and into production. You'll manage a cross discipline team of artists, set art goals, and own the execution strategy. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. As a part of the leadership team, you'll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals.
• Establish and drive a vision that is aligned with the project goals and embodies the Creative Direction
• Set product-wide art goals and timelines
• Work closely with design to ensure the art supports the game experience
• Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing worlds and characters
• Create concept art and production paintings
• Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
• Take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
• Build, manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
• A minimum of 10+ years experience developing art in the games industry
• Professional experience managing other game artists and art leaders
• Experience establishing creative vision and strategy for AAA games
• Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
• A background in 2D/3D character art or animation is preferred
• Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
• Knowledge of the League of Legends game and IP
• Multi platform development experience
• Experience working on a live service
• A portfolio that showcases your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).