The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst on VALORANT, you will be working with the Premium Content and Expressions teams, supporting the development of excellent cosmetic content and creative, player-focused systems for delivering it. You will identify analytics opportunities to support the development lifecycle of these products -- from initial feature ideation through post-implementation evaluation. You will use quantitative analysis -- including supporting generation and implementation of telemetry, developing quantitative models of product health, and generating foundational reporting – to guide a deeper understanding of how players engage with VALORANT. If you're looking to use your analytics toolkit and work with designers and product owners to build new game experiences, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will report to the Sr. Manager for Strategic Advisory.
• Partner with product teams to produce frameworks and insights that craft guide the development of Premium Content and Expressions products
• Identify the most impactful product questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
• Build targeted, applicable analyses and visualizations to answer the team's most pressing questions
• Use your storytelling skills to share your results with other Rioters
• Invest in building competence in traditional user research techniques (survey design, player labs) to support a small Insights team
• BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
• Minimum of two years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
• Expertise in SQL
• Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
• Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and Tableau
• Experience working on a AAA game
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).