The Publishing Lead will be responsible for managing Riot's action games publishing business in China together with our partners. This person will directly lead and develop local brand and product marketing strategy across the titles, by collaborating with a team of strategic marketing partners like creative, community and channel strategy in both Riot global marketing team and Tencent game publishing team. Besides marketing, this person will lead a team of game business operation professionals to drive local revenue management and engagement efforts to meet both short term targets and long term growth goals. Through leadership of these unified disciplines, this Publishing leader is responsible for the breadth of experiences that millions of people have with our games in China. Working side by side with Riot's studio (product development), esports, entertainment and global marketing partners, s/he will be the hub of the wheel to set the direction of the overall publishing business strategy for several titles within a growing and evolving set of player facing objectives. Publishing leadership at Riot Games uses insights and experience with game publishing strategy and management to establish and inspire others with a clear vision for products/experiences, while guiding teams towards a unified vision and objective. This person will be responsible for mentoring and providing growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bringing together leadership across departments and disciplines. This leader will report to the Head of China Publishing, Riot Games.
• Develop differentiated brand and product China marketing strategy (including vision, goals, roadmap, and prioritization) for our game titles based on global marketing strategy and local publisher's go-to-market capability and plans.
• Develop and deliver core creative assets (brand kit, IP usage guides, cinematic brand and marketing assets, key visuals, hi-def models, etc) for local publisher partners
• Develop short and long term game publishing business strategy and plans based on global product vision, local market and player insights and local publisher business strategy
• Act as a strategic partner to and an integral part of partner's game operations team, work on projects that elevates revenue generation efficiency while advocating for player value, design and implement with our partner on a wide-range of events and programs that drives players growth and retention
• Provide market insight and guidance to Product teams, advocating for the results of publishing activity and contributing positively to team culture.
• Be the liaison between the product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization - promoting successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership.
• Be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, optimal pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products within the title set.
• Set top-level OKRs for game publishing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape.
• Ensure that all publishing programs are aligned with goals, target audience, and core brand strategy for the game and aligned to the vision of the portfolio.
• Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that improve standards for marketing across the industry.
• Build relationships and create understanding between senior leaders of partner marketing teams and Global Marketing leadership to contribute to agreement on product priorities, discipline standards, and career growth
• 5+ years of experience leading successful publishing, marketing or business operations teams in the video game, technology, entertainment or consumer goods industry with a renow company with significant market presence in China, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience.
• 3+ years of experience working across departments and working with executive management.
• Intimate knowledge of marketing, business analytics and operations disciplines and build cohesive business strategy and planning.
• Experience building teams and marketing leaders.
• Global mindset and awareness of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities.
• Culturally present and invested in other industries, cultures, and communities.
• Experience in consumer internet, software, video games, or entertainment industries.
• Must be excited about getting into deep engagements with our players and being able to both set expectations with them and respond in empathetic ways to the changing demands of those that spend hours of their time with their friends in our universe.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8371-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.