Senior Technical Artist - Capture
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
• Work with designers & animators to understand requirements and plan out functional requirements.
• Design, architect, and document technical designs for Animation systems
• Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
• Design and develop new content creation tools, workflow tools and general productivity tools
• Support Designers using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
• Work with the Unreal Engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
• Identify bottlenecks and performance issues involving cpu time & bandwidth and optimize them.
• Provide solutions that consider multi-threading, hardware requirements, skeleton optimizations.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 5+ years of games development experience
• Experience with Animation features such as skeletons, rigs, animation compression, blending, ragdolls, IK, procedural animation solutions, motion fields, character physics, secondary motion
• Experience with Data-driven State Machines
• Experience with Animator tools to control blending, controller trees, and transitions
• Passion for Animation technologies
• Strong proficiency with C++
• Experience with C# & WPF a bonus
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
• Experience with Agile development philosophies
• Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
• Capable of responding to Code Review feedback and deliver quality Code Review feedback
• Knowledge of source code management: Perforce is preferred
Required Non-Technical Skills
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
• One team mentality
• Strong written communication skills
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.