Quality Designer - Core Technology (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Respawn is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Engineering, and Production groups, you will ensure Respawn's technologies meet the growing needs for the project. You will work with partners to perform Return on Investment analysis, definition of UAT criteria, perform Tests for Completion, and ensure that our tools are outstanding.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
• QA representative for Technology within the defined scope.
• Work directly with Production members to ensure that development requirements are fully understood.
• Report on the progress of testing until the release is complete.
• Work with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalates risks to the final product as they emerge.
• Expected to attend regular meetings, vocalize status to partner groups. Understand how to navigate conflict and message based on context and audience.
• Partner with representatives from off-site testing studios that assist with higher volume test case completion. Advocate and maintain appropriate quality standards that support successful outcomes.
• Interpret & use data visualizations to provide relevant insights.
• Use data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
• Understand how to evaluate the state of the product by ongoing exploration and experimentation.
• 3 years of experience as a game analyst/feature owner in software development
• Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
• Experience with agile/scrum software development
• Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
• Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
• Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
• Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
• Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roezo3-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.