Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Technical Analyst (Apex Legends)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
The Sr. Technical Analyst will be a part of the Studio Data and Insights (SDI) team stationed at Respawn Entertainment in the greater Los Angeles area. They will work directly with the Apex Legends Mobile team and its partners to analyze and provide insights to make the game more fun for players.
• Work with team leaders from our Development, Design, Publishing, Marketing, Finance and Ops teams.
• Work with many features of the game through its entire life-cycle - from pre-launch character balancing through post-launch player segmentation, you will have a significant influence with game design.
• Collaborate with peers from all over the world (Redwood Shores, Stockholm, Edmonton, Vancouver, etc) and from several other analytics teams (Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Analytics Solutions, Data Engineering, etc).
• 5 or more years of analytics experience
• Expert querying ability with multiple tools and large datasets
• Excellent visualization skills with dashboard creation experience
• Experience defining actionable data sets and working with execution teams
• Developed advanced modeling to illicit insights not found at surface level
• Capable self-management and experience with modern work tracking tools
• Strong collaborator with other technical and non-technical teams
• Passion for gaming, able to represent multiple audience perspectives
• Hands on experience defining telemetry data for a AAA title preferred
• Experience working with a Mobile Game Studio or Publisher a plus
…and a true believer in the ''Player First'' game development philosophy
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.