Production Assistant, Highlights
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Sound Designer (Apex Legends)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about the Titanfall/Apex universe, with a talent for creating immersive sci-fi worlds and crisp competitive gaming feedback. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do...
• Work closely with the Audio team to help shape our game's audio vocabulary, style, and standards.
• Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the game.
• Create top notch audio that will immerse the player into the game's world (including Legend abilities, weapons, ambiences, foley, etc.)
• Adhere to a schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Work with Audio, Design, Animation, VFX and Engineering groups to ensure that audio works in-game and matches the vision of the game.
• Edit and implement audio assets directly into our audio tools and game engine (Miles and Source)
• Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs.
• Help to mentor other sound designers and lead by example.
• This person will not be responsible for composing music for the game.
Ideally, you will have...
• 5+ years' experience in a Senior Sound Designer role creating gameplay audio for video games.. Record of success creating sound for major titles desired.
• Full Cycle experience as a Sound Designer from the concept stage to shipment.
• Console and PC game audio development experience a must. Shipped AAA games a plus.
• Strong, demonstrable audio design and editing skills.
• Experience implementing sound into game tools/engines.
• Strong experience with audio design from scratch, field and foley recording, processing and editing.
• Experience with major audio software packages such as Miles, Wwise, Nuendo and Sound Forge.
• Technical expertise such as programming or scripting proficiency is a plus.
• A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
• Passion for audio.
• Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.