Senior Sound Designer
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Sound Designer (Star Wars)
Respawn Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars™ Universe, with experience with memorable aural experiences and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your sound design reel!
What you'll do...
• Design unique and compelling sound assets for the game (including effects, ambience, foley, creatures)
• Implement audio assets directly into Unreal, creating an interactive top-notch audio experience for the player.
• Plan field recording trips and foley sessions. Look for opportunities to record unique sounds.
• Help manage outsourcing, giving feedback and communicating any necessary information to partners.
• Design cinematics in 7.1, either from scratch or working with external contractors.
• Follow the audio schedule, audio naming conventions, and workflow standards and establish new ones.
• Work with the sound design lead to help establish the audio vision.
• Give useful, applicable feedback on audio assets. Share expertise with the team.
• Help manage the Wwise project, optimizing memory and cpu usage.
• Work with departments outside of audio to ensure we are supporting the vision for the game.
• Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs. Help QA with best practices for testing audio. Test game on various platforms.
• You will not compose music in this role. Music editing and implementation may be required from time to time as part of the role.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years' experience in a Sound Designer role for video games.
• Shipped at least one AAA title, working as part of an in-house audio team from start to finish.
• Strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills. Experience with field recording, foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing and editing.
• Experience implementing game audio using Wwise (required). Knowledge of Unreal and audio implementation using blueprints
• Mastery of audio software e.g. Reaper, Soundminer, iZotope RX.
• Passion for audio.
• Passion for games.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.