Director of Production (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com'/studio.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Director of Production who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. You will be the leader of the production team, focusing on strategy for the project and developing the best production team in the industry. This person will ensure the team is driving towards the proper goals and priorities, while supporting the team as they plan and execute the plans. As important as delivering the game, our Director of Production is focused on team health and team development as a top priority.
What you'll do...
• Be the leader of the Production Team, responsible for setting the goals and vision for the production team and accountable for their execution, while instilling a success-oriented and accountability-focused team culture
• Bring high-level perspective of big picture goals and priorities at all levels – franchise, project and personal responsibility – and effectively balance among them when collaborating to make decisions
• Develop long term organizational vision, with the ability to develop and plan large franchise initiatives including franchise growth and organizational change
• Partner closely with the Executive Producer on game strategy and production team development; regularly monitor and assess strategic plans against the objectives, and work together to identify and course correct
• Quickly shift focus between micro, macro and global project levels as needed to identify and resolve project and franchise issues
• Tackles issues in a timely manner so as not to slow progress by letting hot items grow cold – no dangling threads – and consistent follow up and updates on in-progress initiatives
• Utilize your expert eye for quality (visual and functional) as the production owner responsible for game quality
• Monitor team morale and team culture with a desire for constantly working to improve these areas and promoting a positive work environment
• Effectively navigate different people and personalities with different priorities while advancing the game and franchise
• Partner and manage emerging situations of all types with team leadership and external partners
• Listen and adapt your communication style to maintain trust and confidence with partners
• Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and facilitates solutions at all levels in the organization
• Listen and quickly get to the heart of a situation and the concerns of those involved, and encourages feedback and open communication team-wide
• Grow and maintain strong relationships with production team, development team peers and studio leadership
• Mentor and develop future leaders and managers, with the ability to recognize internal talent and develop through stretch roles and other challenges
• Actively seeks out ways to improve strength of team and team dynamic
• Focused on identifying and providing team with consistent mentorship and growth opportunities
Ideally you will have...
• Experience as a Director of Production or Senior Producer on multiple AAA game'/s.
• 10+ years' experience as an embedded member of a studio development team.
• Strong communications skills.
• Expert knowledge of game development.
• Proactive with an endless motor.
• Ability to seamlessly move between long term strategy and short term execution and an expert at both.
• Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
• Strong drive and the ability to motivate others.
• Smart with strong intuition.
• Professional multitasker
• The best people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.
• Intense passion for video games and working on awesome video games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com'/perks.