Development Director - Release Manager (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to join our team.
Reporting to the QA Product Owner, you will manage the delivery of Apex Legends seasonal releases. As the primary QA point-of-contact for the season, you will work with other QA Managers/Directors across the QA and Development disciplines to coordinate the delivery of each release. This includes balancing of scope within capacity, tracking and reporting of progress, people mentorship, and the managing of risks/mitigations related to delivery.
What skills do we look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in AAA game development; you have experience managing internal and external teams; you have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
• Plan through all development stages from pre-pro, production, and launch
• Track and communicate project status, including risks and mitigation plans
• Manage communication with project leaders
• Scenario planning to guide the decision-making process
• Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
• Guide your team to achieve milestones on time and to quality
• Create new processes and evaluate and evolve existing ones
• Ensure the teams have all the necessary information required to do their job
• Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn3xk-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.