Community Manager (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Community Manager - Apex Legends
The Community Manager will report to the Senior Community Manager and be part of a small community team embedded with the developers on Apex Legends.
You will be contributing to the games' multi-channel community strategy, helping to gather valuable insights for the development and business teams, and executing community strategies to build up and engage with our passionate players day-to-day.
• Collaborate with developers to write patch notes or long-form blog content to explain upcoming features and changes for the game. Create compelling copy and player-facing communications.
• Work to build a bridge between players and the devs on Apex Legends, acting as a point of contact for players and facilitating access to devs through programs and content.
• Monitor online channels and engage with players professionally to obtain insights.
• Manage live updates and issues with the community.
• Own and execute community strategies that grow our core community and align with the greater needs of game and business teams.
• Provide regular community updates to internal teams consisting of community sentiment and KPI reporting of community initiatives.
• Collaborate with marketing, brand, influencer, and comms teams across Respawn and the broader EA org to deliver the best possible experience for our players.
• Forge relationships with the territory lead to ensuring the execution of plans is globally optimized.
• Be able to work cohesively in a team that has remote members, alongside partners who are located globally and remotely.
• Potentially will require on-camera work (i.e. hosting dev live streams) and knowledge of how to run and publish live streams/videos onto YouTube and Twitch.
Candidates should be:
• Experienced: At least 2 years of community experience working in a game development studio. Must have experience writing and managing communication, interpreting and relaying player feedback, running community campaigns, etc, ideally on a AAA title. Experience on shooter/battle royale titles is a plus.
• A data-driven mindset: We need someone who can gather and look at data (both qualitative and quantitative) to forecast and grow the future of Apex Community.
• Growth-oriented: The ability to accept feedback and critique will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential-and to grow! Teamwork and a willingness to work, learn, and grow together are critical to our success.
• Location: This position is based on West Coast.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more by visiting www.respawn.com/perks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5235-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.