As a Gameplay Engineer you will develop powerful gameplay systems for the Call of Duty franchise. A Gameplay Engineer should be able to rapidly prototype ideas and be capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration.
A successful Gameplay Engineer will have an ''eye'' for gameplay and an interest in understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Contribute to the design of our gameplay systems
• Develop, modify, and debug gameplay software in script and C/C++
• Deploy, optimize and test gameplay software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
• Document software and features for internal and external teams
• Participate in the code review process
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Shipped at least one game title
• 3+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
• Aptitude for gameplay design and innovation
• Understanding of animation systems and techniques
• Familiarity with physics simulation
• Experience with console development
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
About Raven Software
Raven Software is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvz67-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.