Senior SRE - Production Operations
West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
Pluto TV is looking for an experienced backend software engineer for development of new, as well as improvement of existing, backend services who is confident with high volume and high-performance Node.js servers! Some experience with Ad Tech is helpful.
• Design, implementation and deployment of new scalable and secure Node.js services
• Refactoring and modernizing of legacy Node.js services.
• Integration of external services.
• Prototyping of new technologies to reduce cost and increase engineer velocity.
• Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
• 5-8 years experience designing, implementing and running Node.js servers (or other languages) in demanding high traffic environments.
• Strong Node.js experience (our platform is Node-based).
• Cloud experience: AWS and/or Google Cloud
• Extremely technical hands-on server software experience
• Bonus points for experience with online advertising - ad servers, programmatic ad servers, RTB, DSPs, SSPs, VAST, VMAP, Freewheel, Doubleclick.
• Ability to work within a distributed team
• Experience with: ○ MongoDB ○ Redis ○ Typescript ○ GoLang
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.