Assistant, Current Series
Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries. For more information on ViacomCBS and its businesses, visit www.viacbs.com. Keep up with ViacomCBS news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacomcbs), Facebook (facebook.com/viacomcbs) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacomcbs).
Pluto TV is seeking a Coordinator to join our Content Operations Team. This position will be responsible for ensuring that every piece of content that Pluto TV acquires is handled and ingested in alignment with contract terms, and that every detail of the contract is tracked and communicated to our Programming team.
This role will support the Sr. Manager, Content Operations in leading and optimizing the Content Operation team's production work queue. A sound technical acumen and an ability to collaborate with content partners, technical labs and internal stakeholders are critical attributes that will drive success
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Coordinating and managing work with a set of Pluto TV approved post vendors
• Lead a work queue that defines priorities for Pluto TV's team of QC Operators
• Track, prioritize and resolve delivery and production issues in a timely manner
• Work with Pluto TV's content partners and post vendors to unblock and resolve their issues
• Ensuring consistency in our proprietary Content Management System (CMS) when putting in custom projects
• Coordinating work within Pluto TV's Media Asset Management System
• Communicate content and project work status updates to various Pluto TV stakeholder groups including Programming and Content Partnerships
• Coordinating delivery of fully Quality Control-checked titles to the Programming team
• Ensure that content issues are properly tracked, prioritized, and resolved in a timely manner
• Tracking schedules for content processing, ingestion, QC and archival
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 2+ years of full-time work experience in the Media and Entertainment industry, Post-Production, Localization, Streaming Media or Television
• Ability to read and understand metadata, particularly JSON and XML
• Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing process efficiency improvements
• Knowledge of common digital media formats, standards and codecs – Video, Audio, Captions, Images & Metadata (e.g. M3U8, MP4, .422, etc.)
• Comfortable working in Atlassian products (Confluence and Jira)
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
• Basic knowledge or understanding of FileMaker
• Strong presentation skills and an ability to lead projects independently
• Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work in a deadline driven environment
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkn73-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.