Coordinator, Product Fulfillment - Media Services
Los Angeles, CA
Channel Editor, VOD & Classic TV (Pluto TV)
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The team at Pluto TV is seeking a Channel Editor, VOD & Classic TV to report to the Sr. Programming Manager and be in charge of the editorial voice, programming quality, and overall success of the video on demand section and linear channels in the Classic category. The Channel Editor is on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV and is critical to achieving the Pluto TV mission of entertaining the planet! Our ideal candidate is experienced working with and/or producing content, particularly in and around feature films.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop successful VOD merchandising strategies using ingenuity and all available tools, data, and research
• Develop and tinker with master, monthly, weekly, and daily schedules using hypotheses and results crafted from data
• Work as a cohesive Programming team. This includes standards and practices around the quality of programming, data interpretation, as well as interaction with departments internal and external to Pluto TV. Double check the strength and integrity of all VOD merchandising
• Enhance the quality of content available on demand; making the highest quality content easily discoverable while adhering to internal and external best practices and content restrictions
• Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Promotion and Marketing teams, Content Ops, Live Ops, and Content Acquisition/Partner Relations teams to actively seek out and optimize content for assigned networks
• Collaborate, ideate and implement programming stunts, channels, and content for marketing and promotional use. Show objective support for these ideas, using any and all tools available, especially data. Refine as necessary
• Review content catalogs from major entertainment studios, distribution and production companies as well as select independent outlets
• Suggest new content acquisitions and partnership targets
• Contribute best practices and programming concepts to the team
• Participate in partner meetings when requested to pitch programming ideas
• Maintain the content database of TV, film and digital catalogs
• Learn new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality
• Submit bugs and product feedback for the Pluto CMS
• 2+ years experience in media and entertainment
• Experience working in Content Management System
• Ability to perform in-depth research and data analysis using metrics software
• Broad knowledge and passion for pop culture, TV, film and online video (i.e. being a ''Pop Culture PhD'')
• Experimental approach with goal of using data to support the success of content, programming, and scheduling
• Strong attention to detail, and excellent follow through and organizational skills
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting
• A creative spirit, collaborative mindset and eagerness to learn
• Familiarity with classic titles and programming
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xj7m-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.