Service Reliability Engineer
Software Engineering Manager, Web Application Platform
What you'll be doing:
As Software Engineering Manager, Product UX & Tooling, you will partner with leads, engineers and designers of different departments to develop a robust, high-quality enterprise application platform that support Future Technology Group's services like the all new PlayStation Plus. Help our team to identify requirements, handle technical challenges and improve the development processes of our application developers. Participate in the design and implementation of cloud native system architectures. Work with project managers to remove blockers, create an inclusive team spirit, and improve the impact of our team's work. Provide career development and mentorship for engineering team members and provide regular project updates to our management.
What we are looking for:
• 8+ years of software application development experience
• First experience in leading software engineering teams or projects
• BS, MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Skills & Knowledge
• Experience developing user interfaces and services for distributed web applications
• Experience with technologies such as REST, JSON, SQL, No-SQL
• Solid understanding of software development lifecycle principles like SOLID, YAGNI, HATEOAS, TDD
• Good understanding of agile development processes and knowledge of project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc.
• Familiarity with Kubernetes, AWS or cloud native technologies
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, enjoys sharing knowledge or giving presentations
• Experience in product management, product owner role or requirements engineering is a plus
• Being a gamer is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye99k-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.