As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device; and the Network Engineering & Operations team is at the forefront of building and operating the global network that makes this possible. We use cutting-edge technology along with battle-proven industry standards, come work with us on our large-scale MPLS, EVPN, BGP, VXLAN and SDN deployments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer that will not only make PlayStation the best place to play but also the best place to work. You will help build the network and its network orchestration system with an automation first mindset (DevOps) to increase our efficiency and ability to scale. You'll have a chance learn from the best and plenty of opportunity to grow and provide feedback to our architecture, automation, operations, or anything else that interests you.
• Contribute and design network orchestration systems; own network management automation and everything that makes life easier for Network Engineering and Operation
• Build a robust set of tools to deploy, upgrade, and manage a global network
• Maintain, fix and extend our existing tooling
• Own your tasks and operate independently
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals (IP routing, basic concepts of dynamic routing, policy based routing decisions)
• Proficient in the Python programming language
• Strong understanding of distributed system architectures built as an event-driven micro-service
• Proficient in data modelling, data persistency (relational or NoSQL databases) and data serialization
• Experience with at least 3 of the following:
• Reading, interpreting and working with telemetry, SNMP, sFlow, IPFIX data
• CI/CD pipelines / Configuration Management (Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab or similar)
• Kubernetes, Docker or other containerized deployments
• REST, gRPC, or message broker systems (ZeroMQ, NATS, Kafka, or similar)
• Understanding test driven development (TDD), software testing and deployment strategies
• Working and understanding distributed code development workflows (git)
• Software process and release management
• Remote orchestration of network devices (Netconf, OpenConfig, GNMI, or similar)
• Experience in service provider environments involving IS-IS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services (MP-BGPG).
• Experience with Linux system administration.
• Experience with fabric networking/CLOS type network
• Experience with policy-based routing.
• Experience with Juniper MX, QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms
• Experience with Arista 7xxx series platforms
• Experience with optical media and optical transport systems
• Experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
• Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g., ITIL).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1bq3-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.