Staff Service Reliability Engineer
Want to know how Playstation Defines SRE?
Site Reliability Engineer
Do you want to use transformative technologies to achieve greater scalability and efficiencies? Do you want a career that combines your engineering skills and your passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond. Our SREs focus on three main things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments. The successful candidate will be self-directed and able to participate in the way we make decisions at different levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during different phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuring the operational readiness and stability.
• Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Available to be scheduled in on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
• Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
• Python (preferred)
• Bash, Go, Java, C++, or Rust
• In addition, experience with at least 3 of the following topics:
• Distributed data storage at scale (Hadoop, Ceph)
• NoSQL at scale (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
• Data Aggregation technologies. (ElasticSearch, Kafka)
• Scaling and running traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) with High Availability
• Monitoring & Alerting (Prometheus, Grafana), and Incident Management toolsets
• Kubernetes and/or AWS (deployment and management)
• Software Distribution (Package management and distribution at scale)
• Configuration Management (ansible, saltstack, puppet, chef)
• S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv516n-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.