Senior Technical Artist
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior VFX Artist
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are looking for a Senior FX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game FX possible. Become a part of the Visual Arts Group, and work with a multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in outstanding Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
PlayStation isn't just the best place to play… it's also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences.
Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation's studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams.
Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
If you have the ability to create environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph we want to speak to you! If you're able to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to final model/texture, even better!
• Create visual effects across all areas of the game, ranging from natural environmental effects, effects to punctuate game action, to effects for characters and their interaction with elements within the game world.
• Build comprehensive knowledge of the VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with the creation of VFX content.
• Work closely with the Art Director to deliver quality results and proactively collaborate with other VFX artists and other team members to deliver project needs.
• Actively develop and improve skillset and abilities by staying aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and putting traditional art methods into practice.
• Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Take on challenging VFX problems and develop solutions that consider all variables in a self-sufficient manner.
Experiences and Skills:
• Over five years of professional experience in feature film animation and are ready to apply your knowledge to games next.
• Demo-reel exhibits a wide selection of character rigs, from creatures to highly stylized characters.
• Have experience working as or with animators to ensure the best possible rigs.
• A firm grasp of anatomy and facial rigging.
• With excellent Maya skills.
• Have proficient with scripting languages Python (first), Maya Python API (second).
Additional and Bonus Skills:
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules
• Willingness to receive direction from lead artist and peers and work closely with a team
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.