Senior Environment Outsource Review Artist
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
• Create in-game art and in-game cinematic art assets to project's specifications and oversee the creation of game assets with an internal and external team.
• Take a game asset from grey box to final quality (end to end) including collision, LOD's and baking texture maps, etc.
• Evaluate effort estimations to ensure staff days are in-line with current project schedules.
• Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard-surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
• Quality control art assets prior to delivery to the project owners, and work with internal/external stakeholders to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and functional purposes.
• 8 years' experience as an Environment / Prop Artist, with at least 2 shipped AAA title.
• Strong understanding of in-game and in-game cinematic art asset creation (portfolio must contain examples of assets with wire-frame shading).
• Extensive experiences with modular pipeline, gameplay intentions, and engine limitations
• Strong understanding of Maya, as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
• Extensive knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer
• Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
• Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for game engine specs while balancing aesthetic needs.
• Experience with asset ingestion/integration within a game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
• Advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hard-surface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
• Experience working with external outsource vendors.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d948q9-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.