Senior Data Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Data Engineer
The Partners Data Engineering team (LA) provides data pipe, warehousing and analytics solutions for the PlayStation Partners Platform - a vital collection of applications and services used by our partners (content creators, game developers and publishers) worldwide to create and publish games and content on PlayStation.
Our mission is to deliver timely, scalable and high quality data and insights to empower our business to make data-driven decisions, drive operational efficiencies and identify revenue opportunities.
As Senior Data Engineer you will provide technical leadership to other team members, leading the design and implementation of end-to-end data solutions that are highly available, maintainable, secure and cost-effective.
We are looking for
• A Data Engineer, with technical leadership experience and a strong background in AWS to build scalable, highly available data pipes and data warehousing solutions
• An energetic professional who is passionate about solving complex problems with data who is willing to teach and learn alike
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and willing to work with multiple teams, local and remote. If this is you, please apply!
• Provide technical leadership - create and socialize designs, lead design sessions, perform technical reviews, lead engineering initiatives; Mentor other team members to level-up the skills and quality of the team
• Build highly scalable, resilient data pipelines
• Design and build data models which produce high quality datasets.
• Own, maintain and ensure high quality engineering standards and practices in the team
• Continually improve our SDLC tooling and processes, defining and leading initiatives for automation, simplification and minimal/controlled downtime.
• Collaborate with product and engineering teams on multiple projects leading the design and build of data solutions
• Diagnose and solve platform and data issues - perform root cause analysis and apply solutions to prevent re-occurrence
• Gain a deep understanding of our data, how it applies to the broader organization and use this to level-up our solutions
• Deliver analysis that distills clear, meaningful insights from large, complex datasets.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a data engineering capacity with technical leadership experience
• Experience translating business needs to scalable data solutions.
• Experience building highly scalable data pipelines (batch and streaming) using AirFlow, Spark, EMR, Hive, Presto or other open source frameworks/architectures.
• Experience designing and developing solutions on AWS, including infrastructure as Code (e.g. Cloud Formation, EKS)
• Experience with Cloud Data Warehousing / Data Lake technologies and architectures such as Snowflake, Redshift, Lake Formation
• Proven data modelling skills - must have demonstrable experience designing models for data warehousing and analytics use-cases (e.g. from operational data store to semantic models)
• Experience of how to organize data and optimize data storage in relational databases and flat file formats (e.g. on S3/Parquet)
• Python and shell scripting experience for automation and data manipulation.
• Expert SQL skills.
• Strong understanding of software engineering principles - able to write elegant, scalable and maintainable code.
• Strong communication skills - you will be able to tailor your communication to technical and less technical audiences alike
• Experience with Airflow highly advantageous
• Experience with Snowflake highly advantageous
• Experience using dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Superset, Domo or similar.
• Experience preparing large, complex datasets for Machine Learning pipelines.
• Prior experience working in an Agile environment.
• Gamer or experience in the gaming industry a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d553e7-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.