Manager Of Production
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PlayStation isn't just the best place to play… it's also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences.
Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
Project Manager/Associate Project Manager
The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation's studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams.
Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
The positions of Project Manager and Associate Project Manager are active members of the production group and will assist the project or department to which they are assigned to ensure the timely and cost-effective execution of a scope of work. These are an intermediate positions with a focus on evolving into a more senior position and take on more responsibility. The differentiation between the two roles is the amount of experience and multidiscipline expertise that the individual candidate has. Based upon those factors, the roles and candidates title would be the final consideration in determination if the individual is a Project Manager or Associate Project Manager. It could be considered that a Project Manager might be able to run a smaller production scope of work without a Senior Project Manager but an Associate may not have the full skill set to be the main point of contact on a production.
• Oversee day-to-day production issues with our internal team in all aspects of development - animation, art, design, outsourcing, tech, etc.
• Support Senior Project Managers and department lead(s) and by coordinating, prioritizing, and scheduling resources to ensure tasks are complete and on schedule.
• Provide regular status updates to department lead(s), project manager, and sr. project manager
• Facilitate cross-discipline and interdepartmental communication to complete tasks and resolve issues.
• Work with Senior Project Manager and Studio Management, other members of production team in KL and San Diego, and discipline departmental leads to breakdown complex tasks into manageable sub-projects.
• Track assets and tasks in the short-term as well as thinking long-term about the project.
• Deal with the changes in direction of a project in production due to client changes, technology changes or other factors in a proactive manner and with a positive attitude.
• Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to the production team
• Able to resolve ongoing production issues in consultation with the Senior Project Manager, Studio Management and discipline leads
• Proactive self-starter, but also team player. Strong time management skills in a technically complex and fast paced work environment.
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, strong oral and written communication, and project management skills a must. Overall, must be confident in representing product, team, department, studio and Sony well in public if required.
• Keeps cool under high pressure situations. Positive attitude and demeanor.
• Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. The Project Manager would be considered to have a more experience and responsibility.
• Ability to grasp technical knowledge to meet project needs; ability to identify and coordinate in the production group to assist where necessary in meeting project needs Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple discipline though perhaps not simultaneous depending on demands of the project.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
• At least 2-5 years of experience as a Project Manager or Associate Project Manager in a similar field. Ideally experience as a Project Manager inside of the Visual Arts Service Group.
• Knowledge and experience in creation of Motion Capture Cinematics or Game Art Asset production
• Experience with Shotgun, Perforce, Jira or other industry standard tasking and version control software
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams of artists in a post-production environment
• Bachelors in Business Administration, Game Art or Film/Commercial Production or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of Animation, Art & Motion Capture as those disciplines relate to Video Games
• Experience working with remote outsource partner teams in the above capacities
• Ability to manage a production team to execute the developers needs
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.