Manager, Space Planner
San Mateo, CA (On-Site, Flexible)
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is seeking an experienced Space Planner to run the space planning function across all SIE's locations in the SIEA portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Workplace Strategy, the Space Planner is the primary point of contact of SIE global offices for space allocation, including supply and demand forecasting, scenario modelling, development of stacking plans, and managing moves, adds and changes (MAC). In addition, this position will serve as an advisor to the leadership team, using data to make recommendations that create a coherent and best practice workplace strategy for SIE.
• Provide Space & Occupancy planning services to manage the supply and demand for SIE's global Real Estate portfolio
• Partner with business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to address any emergent business occupancy needs or issues and recommend data driven solutions
• Capture utilization, growth forecasting, specialized requirements, adjacency needs and other requirements to manage space and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop metrics and benchmarks to effectively communicate space related metrics including occupancy, headcount, and capacity to develop and progress SIE's Workplace Strategy
• Develop and execute relocation and sequencing plans based on physical space requirements
• Work closely with project teams on all space related projects including site/floor exits, development of scopes of work and move budgets, space requirements, space plans, and swing space.
• Ensure space planning database is up to date and accurate, including coordination of data input, facilities audits, organizing training and fostering critical relationships with department managers and system administrators
• Assist in cross-training and development of team personnel to elevate the capabilities/capacity of the space planning team
• 5+ years of relevant work experience, BS/A preferred
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, numerous deadlines, and conflicting priorities
• Ability to manage diverse company initiatives and complex business issues
• Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Self-starter and able to apply experience to new situations without detailed instruction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable analyzing a large volume of data, creating insights, models, and graphs
• Experience with data tools such as Tableau or Power BI
• Experience with CAD and architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment; design and space planning concepts
• Experience working in creative spaces a plus (sound and motion capture studios)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq91o1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.