San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
The Executive Assistant reports to the Vice President, Head of Corporate Planning, Finance & Accounting and the US Facilities and Security Operations, by providing administrative support to this Executive and his team at the PlayStation's global headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
Responsibilities will include managing calendars, travel (domestic and international) and expenses for the VP as well as supporting team meetings and cross-functional coordination.
The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Flexibility and collaboration are key skills the successful candidate will possess. This person will be the primary contact for internal scheduling requests as well as external partner meetings' scheduling.
In addition to the daily administrative tasks, we're looking for someone with strong project management skills, involved in organizing exciting and inspiring events for the departments such as global meetings, off-sites, retreats, and monthly department meetings. Because the department is global, bonus qualities include exposure to or experience living in a different culture or speaking multiple languages and a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members within the departments, both domestically and abroad.
• Handle swiftly and without error a complex and ever-changing calendar; prepare and coordinate meetings, and schedule travel plans and accommodations for the department, as assigned.
• Ensure a timely flow of information, answering and managing correspondence and communication flow.
• Submit expense reports, as assigned.
• Professionally represent the Vice President through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations.
• Act as administrative liaison between the Executive and Sony groups and industry contacts.
• Provide logistical support for department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
• Function as a communications hub for the department, staying current on, and publishing, as requested, team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed.
• Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
• Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
• Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
• Communication and Contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, other assistants, and internal and external partners; capable of bringing people together!
• Global Interaction: Ability to efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones and to coordinate smoothly in various cultural settings.
• 8+ years of relevant experience supporting a Senior Level Executive
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral - English and Japanese bilingual
• Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
• Game industry experience
• Passion for helping create a better future
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4062y-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.