Reports to the Manger of Office Services, providing administrative support to the department's Director(s)/Sr. Director(s)/(''Executive'').
This position serves as a liaison to the Executive of the EU/US/AU teams and the Japan team, who is fluent in both Japanese and English and well versed with both US/JP business cultures and manners. The Executive Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative tasks that require independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality. This position provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, arranging travel (domestic and international), and generating expense reports. Also, the Executive Assistant routinely reviews the work of and provides direction to others to complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
• Manages and maintains complex Executive's calendar(s), including scheduling travel, conferences, making appointments, and arranging meetings; and events;
• Arrange team/department events and meals;
• Manages facilitating team/department meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and internal/external partners
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures;
• Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow for the Executive;
• Submit expense reports for the Executive and/or department, as assigned;
• Expertly represent the Executive through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations;
• Welcomes guest and visitors and directing to applicable team members;
• Act as administrative liaison between the Executive, and other departments not limited to, but within Sony Groups, vendors, and industry contacts (including oversea contacts);
• Function as a communications hub for the Executive and their team(s), staying current on, and publishing, as requested, teams' travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed;
• Serve as an effective knowledge base for staff within the team/department, especially for process and procedures, providing assistance in a hands-dedicated manner;
• Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company partners at all levels;
• Records meeting discussions and provide minutes as requested;
• Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising quality;
• Receives work in the form of short-, mid-term and long-term assignments that often require use of independent judgment outside of established procedures;
• Function as the contact person for internal system access requests between the team/department and applicable team/departments in Japan;
• Liaise with the internal/external Translation department/company to process internal requests;
• Draft and translate documents/emails as needed;
• Handles highly confidential information with discretion; and
• Provide ad-hoc support to Executive as needed
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• At least 5 years of Executive Assistant or similar experience
• Fluency in written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Understands and familiar with Japanese business culture and customs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to stay calm and deliver in high stress situations
• Strong time management skills
• Adaptable and Open-minded
• Experience working in a Japanese company
• Experience in Concur; JIRA, Confluence, Conga, and SAP/SRM
• An interest in interactive entertainment
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$66,100 - $99,100 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06o3e-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.