European ESG (Environment, Social, & Governance) Assistant
Recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment* (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation®'s brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. As the company grows and evolves, we seek to create impact beyond gaming, inspire social change, and help preserve the planet for generations to come. SIE is now developing an exciting new multi-disciplinary Environment, Social and Governance team to help the company address its broader environmental and CSR impacts. Our purpose is to:
• Forge a path ahead on ESG, and not just follow the crowd.
• To turn our intentions into action.
• Do the right things, and do them well.
SIEs ESG team in London is looking for a full-time assistant to support the day to day organisation of administrative tasks and programmes both in Europe and Globally. Programme responsibilities will include supporting our local energy savings and recycling activities, volunteer activities, and record-keeping and training against employee health & safety requirements, such as fire, first aid, and ergonomics. Administrative duties include invoicing, scheduling global working group meetings, and organising travel and expenses.
What you'll be doing:
• Support the European EHS Manager to implement, project-manage, and troubleshoot SIE's EHS programmes, e.g., continual improvement activities, ergonomics assessment, waste management compliance, recycling initiatives, and volunteer days;
• Coordinate between SIE's various offices and business operations to facilitate participation and implementation of SIE's EHS policies and procedures;
• Track and report the progress of each office and business operations against key performance indicators and targets and EHS compliance obligations;
• Deliver general and specific EHS training to SIE employees;
• Coordinate SIE's internal EHS employee communications, including open days, news stories, intranet, posters etc.;
• Support the general administration of European EHS / ESG activities, including invoicing, Working Group coordination, travel scheduling, & expenses;
• Help prepare and ensure the organisation is audit-ready by maintaining up-to-date compliance documentation and records.
What we're looking for:
• Preferably IOSH/NEBOSH qualified (general certificate) and ISO14001 EMS certification;
• Qualified at A-level or equivalent qualification/diploma and above; with 2-3 years industry experience.
• Relevant experience in a facilities / or EHS position preferred;
• The ideal candidate will have good team and communication skills, an independent approach to problem-solving;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9o53-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.