Los Angeles, CA
Department Assistant (Contract)
PlayStation platform is a one stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, Music, and Live Events.
As a Department Assistant, you are a multi-tasker with strong project management skills to coordinate/manage all areas of administrative support for a dynamic department within our Platform Planning & Management (PPM) function. You are a natural operator in a global environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural personnel. You are a dynamic person with a positive ''can-do'' attitude who is willing to learn and grow. You are a dependable resource whose main objective is to provide support for the needs of the department and its leaders.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
• General Administrative Duties
• Provide administrative support for the department's executive(s) including but not limited to managing swiftly-changing executive calendar(s), planning agendas, scheduling meetings (liaising with IT and facilities as necessary), arranging travel, processing expense reports, planning events, generating various reports, etc.
• Ensure a timely flow of information; obtain signatures and authorizations; answer and screen phone calls; manage correspondence and communication flow for executive(s)
• Serve as an administrative liaison between the department and Sony groups, vendors, and industry contacts
• Serve as a helpful knowledge base for the department, especially for processes and procedures, and help in a hands-on, proactive manner
• Liaise effectively with Executive and Administrative Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels and operate on a global scale
• Arrange security/visitor badges, receive visitors, and escort them to/from meetings
• Send/receive mail and packages
• Department Support Duties
• Create purchase orders and receive/submit invoices for payment
• Support on/off-site event planning and coordination including but not limited to budget management and seeking/negotiating meeting venues/vendors for all-hands meetings, workshops, summits, etc.
• Initiate NDAs with new business partners and vendors through the company's contract management system including the facilitation of feedback/discussion between legal department and external parties as necessary
• Capture and distribute succinct summaries/notes and action items from department meetings, workshops, summits, etc.
• Support presentation creation, maintenance, and finalization
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors' Degree and/or relevant work experience
• 3+ years of administrative or relevant work experience
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
• Self-starter and results-oriented
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word), SRM, Concur, and SAP
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to lift 10+ pounds
• Japanese foreign language skills
• Experience working in a multi-national global company
• Experience working with a contract management system
• Experience with event planning and related activities
• Interest in interactive entertainment and digital distribution
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwneyj-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.