Senior Compensation Program Manager
San Mateo, CA or Open to Remote
Summary of Position:
The Global Compensation team at PlayStation is responsible for all compensation offerings at the company. The team focuses on proactive benchmarking with peer companies, the initiation and delivery of compensation programs, and close partnering with all parts of the organization (technology, studios, sales & marketing, and global functions). Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Compensation, this role will manage the design, development, and administration of global compensation programs and serve as a thought partner to HR Business Partners in delivering against our human capital strategies.
• Implement the effectiveness of current compensation programs, optimizing them by performing ad hoc analyses and developing recommendations for potential adjustments
• Lead compensation projects to ensure on-time and budget delivery, and to the required quality standard, while achieving project objectives
• Identify needs and draft up project plans accordingly
• Track project issues, risks, and decisions, escalating where appropriate
• Act as the hub for project-related communications
• Analyze existing and/or proposed compensation projects, programs, practices, processes, and policies to determine efficiency and fit with compensation philosophy
• Proactively identify internal compensation gaps and use data analysis to anticipate problems before they happen
• Participate in the annual compensation planning cycle and development of training and communication materials
• Participate in annual market & benchmarking assessment
• Work cross-functionally with other COEs to ensure programs and processes meet the statutory requirements governing compensation administration
• Lead day-to-day activities to support development of compensation program approaches and methodologies to improve operations and business outcomes
• Act as an internal consultant to various business partners providing analytics support for executive and broad-based compensation projects
• Actively engage with HRBPs and business leaders to understand compensation challenges, align on strategy, and recommend practical and effective solutions
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Business Administration, HR, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
• At least 8 years related work experience in global compensation analysis, design, advising, and operations with strong business sense
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to handle large quantities of data, data conversion and charting. Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus.
• Analytical, critical thinking, attention to detail, communication and partnering skills to evaluate data and provide recommendations
• Experience with global HR System, preferred working knowledge of Workday & People Fluent
• Strong Project Management skills; accepts different viewpoints while working toward the best solution
• Good teammate with strong interpersonal skills and capable of working with multiple cultures and teams.
• Motivated self-starter with ability to deal with ambiguity while driving work to completion
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
• Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvpp50-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.