Senior Concept Artist
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation's well-known and well-loved franchises, our Asset Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Asset Artists to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
• Create in-game or cinematic art assets according to Visual Arts/client specifications, may be required to create both hard surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
• Fix/ Modify/ Polish existing art assets to the required specifications.
• Take an asset from grey box to final quality.
• Integrate approved art assets into game engines; may need to perform set dressing too.
• Adjust and apply multiple asset creation pipelines, and techniques.
• Test in-game assets, for both aesthetic aspects and performance on consoles.
• Keeping up to the required level of quality and productivity standards set by Art Supervisor/ Lead Artist.
• Understand, interpret and adopt feedback from supervisors and/ or clients alike to improve production outcome/ performance.
• Contribute to a creative, collaborative and fun working atmosphere amongst the team.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in asset production with exposure to at least 1 shipped AAA title.
• Strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modelling.
• Hands-on knowledge of in-game and cinematic art asset creation.
• Good understanding of Maya and Substance; as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
• Good understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
• Strong PBR texturing experiences using Photoshop, Substance and familiar with ZBrush and high poly sculpting.
• Strong UV mapping and mesh optimization skills.
• Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
• Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs.
• Experienced with set dressing within a game engine, ideally a AAA game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
• Good understanding of environmental storytelling.
• Strong foundation art skills, including composition, design, and colour theory.
• Strong traditional painting skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzknn7-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.