Technical Director, Character Shading
• Work with creative and technical leads to develop clothing geometry and tune clothing simulation behavior
• Ensure that the resulting digital clothing meets performance, aesthetics and robustness specifications
• Review and revise the result with the Director and the creative or technical lead
• Maintain and enhance completed results
• A good understanding of, and experience with, clothing pattern design and clothing construction
• Knowledge of fashion, tailoring and costuming preferred
• Experience with 3D cloth simulation preferred
• Experience with the UNIX/Linux environment preferred
• Experience with Maya or similar 3D modeling package required
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
• Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k895-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.