Software Engineer (Core Engineering Team)
• Contribute to world-class 3D graphics software applications and frameworks that enable and support Pixar's film production
• Profile performance-critical code paths and creatively optimize algorithms to enhance interactive user experiences
• Collaborate with a team of engineers, technical artists, QA, build support and Project Management
• Work closely with other teams to plan and develop user-facing features to extend artistic reach, as well as APIs and frameworks that enhance the capabilities of our software
• Enjoy reading and writing C++ code
• Take pride and passion in crafting high-quality code with attention to detail and performance in mind
• Hold yourself and others to a high bar when it comes to engineering best practices, like writing maintainable code, providing good documentation and embracing automated testing
• Have prior exposure to, or interest in learning about performance profiling tools and workflows as well as programming on GNU/Linux
• Find fulfillment in designing and implementing APIs and frameworks in addition to user-facing features
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where you exchange knowledge with accomplished technicians and draw inspiration from world-class artists
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience or education
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk26vk-3-84-132-40-42 in your application.