Software Engineer, Animation
• Collaborate with artists and technical directors to identify significant problems relevant to Pixar and the broader Walt Disney Company and lead research projects to determine solutions
• Publish results in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
• Maintain connections to the external research community
• Stay current on technology research and developments that may be useful to the company and provide recommendations on the adoption of such technology
• PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent
• Strong Communication and collaboration skills with a wide range of personality types
• Sustained track record of innovation, significant and original research, including publications in top industry publications
• Ability to work independently and in a group, and be able to balance tasks successfully
• Appreciation of the benefits derived from diverse POVs, voices and demographics
For more information about Research at Pixar, visit https://graphics.pixar.com/research/
''Coco,'' Pixar's 19th feature, opened in theaters on November 22, 2017.
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxmxx-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.