Technical Director, Simulation
• Establish composition, character staging, camera positioning and animate camera movement
• Able to simply animate character poses to help convey the intent of a shot (blocking)
• Provide technical set-up of shots for downstream production departments
• Experience as a Camera & Staging Artist on animated film, or cinematographer on live action film
• Proven artistic skills in cinematography, including a strong sense of composition, staging, and camera language
• Understand basic concepts of character animation and character posing
• Be organized and technically proficient
• Be able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback
• Have good communication and problem-solving skills
• Camera polish experience a plus
• Be able to deliver on schedule, working efficiently under pressure
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
Please include a link to your demo reel (including password, if applicable).
In an ideal demo reel, we would like to see:
1) Storyboards or materials to show the starting point before layout begins.
2) Locked layout version of the sequence before going to animation.
3) Coverage for the scene, including any alternative shots that were created but didn't make the final cut.
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.