If you treasure your favorite book from childhood and want to help more children find their favorite, come join the Premium Literacy Sales team. This account-facing sales position works across non-profits, children's services, and similar mission-driven organizations to find the right books for every literacy initiative. Reporting into the Vice-President, Director of Premium Sales, this position will help drive sales for their own accounts-and support on large-scale account business-in the Premium Literacy channel of Special Markets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Sales responsibility for key literacy-focused accounts; including Grinspoon Foundation and Kids Read Now, among others.
• Manages mature account base as well as works to establish new business through incoming sales leads and outreach efforts.
• Researches and builds P&L's to assess potential printing deals.
• Curate and maintain title lists and/or create grids to meet ad-hoc title needs for accounts and new business opportutinies
• Process orders from stock as well executing on exclusive printings.
• Work across multiple departments within Penguin Random House including Publishing Offices, Inventory Management, Production, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Customer Service, and Credit.
• Meeting prep: ranges from creating presentations and PowerPoint decks to gathering materials (digital & physical); generating Edelweiss collections; etc.
• Sales outreach including the creation of sell-sheets, titles grids and digital email blasts using various digital tools.
• Attends and presents at key account meetings (travel may be required)
• Work and attend various conferences and trade shows (as needed)
• Minimum of 1.5 years of sales experience, including direct communication with or in support of accounts
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• PC proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Interest in the publishing industry, book sales, and children's literacy
Preferred Qualifications, if any:
• Previous publishing experience or bookstore experience
• Experience using Salesforce or similar database management software
• High interest in children's book sales
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8y2o-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.