Penguin Random House is seeking a Specialty Retail Sales Assistant to support the Penguin Random House Special Markets sales team. This department sells all core and client titles, into niche retail, and wholesale accounts. The assistant will help effectively streamline sales outreach across the entire channel, providing sales support in the form of regular and regimented customer outreach and communication.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working closely with Account Managers on key accounts
• Research and develop new markets for our books
• Craft targeted pitches
• Create seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and mailchimps
• Follow up on customer orders
• Follow up on sales leads
• Follow up on sample and asset requests from customers
• Attend local trade shows, some weekend work required
• Capture and maintain notes on progress and upload to salesforce
• Communicate with Imprint Sales Team to ensure all requisite materials are sour ced for seasonal sell-in
• Communicate with sales management regarding account activities and preparing weekly sales reports
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Interest in publishing sales
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
The salary for this position is $48,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25qy7-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.