Sales Assistant – Special Markets
The Penguin Random House Special Markets division is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the In House and Direct Market team in their sales efforts. Specifically, this team is responsible for selling titles across a wide variety of imprints to our Niche Accounts, like Comic Stores, Health & Wellness, New Age and Spiritual, and other lifestyle specialties.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepares sales materials such as title collections and materials for Sales meetings
• Assist with content creation and asset research for comic and specialty retail sales websites
• Craft targeted pitches
• Create seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and newsletters
• Provides general administrative support for the department
• Follow and track inventory for seasonal plan-o-grams
• Prepare new title set up forms
• Follow up on customer orders and sample requests
• Capture and maintain notes on progress and upload to Salesforce
• Communicate with Imprint Sales Team to ensure all requisite materials are sourced for seasonal sell-in
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in a sales position with a publishing company
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience in Salesforce or Mailchimp preferred
• Interest in comics, manga, anime is a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo06o-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.