Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the team responsible for selling Random House Children's Books to Mass Merchandise accounts, including Target, Walmart, and Readerlink. Reporting to the VP, National Accounts, Mass Merchandise Sales, this role will provide assistance to both in-house and field sales managers and offers an excellent opportunity to learn all about the children's book selling process in a fast-paced environment!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creating and maintaining item set-up forms and title spreadsheets.
• Running weekly and monthly sales reports, including point of sale, sell-in recaps, canceled orders, market share updates, and holiday promotions.
• Maintaining weekly sales tracking grids.
• Creating and maintaining historical market share reports for major mass retailers including Target and Walmart.
• Attending and taking notes at weekly sales meetings.
• Assisting with the preparation for sell-in appointments by running reports, gathering and preparing materials, and updating item set-up files.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations for account previews.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Prior office experience a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1y4m-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.