Sales Assistant – Penguin Publishing Group
Are you looking for an exciting position in a fast-paced work environment? Are you interested in learning more about the book selling process and supporting a key national account?
We are currently seeking a Sales Assistant to join the Penguin Random House Barnes & Noble sales team. Specifically, the Assistant will provide sales and general administrative support to the Sales Director and National Account Managers who sell and promote titles across the wide range of Penguin Publishing Group imprints to Barnes & Noble.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining, tracking and assessing sales data and running daily sales reports.
• Preparing Edelweiss collections, sales kits, and selling materials.
• Creating seasonal and ad-hoc PowerPoint presentations.
• Responding to in-house and account inquiries.
• Communicating with various internal departments to obtain sales materials.
• Coordinating the placing, fulfilling, and tracking of orders.
• Performing general administrative duties for the department and department head, including answering phones, downloading digital galleys for accounts, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, etc.
• Strong interest in sales and publishing
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Superb analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Must be comfortable working with numbers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 149738
May 26, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93v0z-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.