Sales Assistant - (Hybrid)
Penguin Random House is currently seeking a Sales Assistant to provide sales and general support to the Random House Children's and Penguin Young Readers Sales teams. This role is ideal for someone who is extremely organized, process-oriented and excels in communicating and working with a variety of colleagues across all departments, inside and outside of sales. This role is a great opportunity to learn all about the children's book selling process in a fast-paced environment!
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinating a wide variety of department meetings including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and meeting materials, archiving meeting materials, and keeping meeting notes.
• Supporting cross departmental/channel sales efforts by running and distributing weekly sales reports, creating weekly on-sale summaries for key titles, managing title lists, etc.
• Creating sales presentation materials and PowerPoint presentations for meetings (ex. bi-weekly and seasonal list reviews).
• Maintaining distribution lists for the children's sales teams.
• Providing general administrative support to supervisors (SVP, PRH Children's Sales and two Group Sales Directors)
• Planning and executing special events, including the annual children's sales conference.
• Performing sales and marketplace analysis and managing special projects, as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and demonstrate excellent time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and to effectively manage competing deadlines
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Demonstrates a creative, innovative, and resourceful approach to problem-solving
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and the ability work within account specific portals and sales data systems and to learn proprietary sales reporting/analysis programs
• An interest in learning more about sales as well as children's publishing
• Prior office experience is a strong plus
The salary for this position is $48,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pyz6-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.