Penguin Random House is looking for an analytically minded Assistant/Coordinator to join the Online and Digital Sales team. Reporting to the Sales Director and supporting the Sales Managers, this person will be responsible for selling Random House adult titles to multiple online accounts including Amazon, Apple, Audible, and Kobo. The Assistant/Coordinator will track and analyze data, prepare for various meetings, and act as a liaison between the Sales Managers, Sales Directors, and the publishers.
If you are a reader interested in book publishing, the ever-changing, fast-paced world of online and digital sales, and want to learn all about the selling process, this will be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maintaining, tracking, and analyzing sales data and running daily sales reports
• Managing orders, sales reports, inventory, marketing content, and ancillary issues for Spanish language titles at Amazon.com
• Orchestrate merchandising, sales reports, initial buys, reorders, and bi-monthly meetings with Zeitgeist publisher for frontlist and backlist titles at Amazon.com
• Working and collaborating cross-departmentally with both metadata and Amazon Marketing Services team members
• Compiling data from a variety of internal databases and running ad hoc reports
• Communicating with adult publishing divisions (RH, Crown, Knopf, Doubleday) to obtain sales materials
• Managing, budgeting, and uploading monthly merchandising reports across all PRH divisions
• Assisting in the preparation for account appointments (i.e. gathering and preparing materials and creating PowerPoint presentations) and participating in account-facing title presentations themselves
• Providing general administrative support for the department, including establishing staff meeting agendas, Account Manager calendar deadlines, and providing coverage when Sales Managers are out of the office
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 1 year of sales experience to be considered at the Coordinator level
• Interest in book publishing and sales
• High proficiency with Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, macros)
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work comfortably with numbers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inclination for public speaking a plus
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Proactive with strong organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
• Prior experience in retail, bookselling, and/or office environments a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8445-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.