The Human Resources Department is looking for a driven, self-motivated individual to join their team. The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for inputting data from multiple sources into Ultipro (our database). Provides internal support in the area of employment staffing, recruitment, pre-employment screening and processes. Performs administrative and general office duties relating to employee services and personnel transactions.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assists in recruiting warehouse and non-exempt office personnel.
• Screens applications and resumes for consideration.
• Establishes interview schedules for open positions.
• Maintains applicant flow processes.
• Maintains/updates personnel files.
• Primary input person in Ultipro for requisitions, new hires, terms, and other personnel actions.
• Analyzing the data for errors.
• Processes employment verifications, reports as required and assigned.
• Assembles and compiles basic data for presentations and new employee orientations.
• Assists in the maintenance of records management regarding compliance and retention issues.
• Acts as a liaison in administering employee's services such as Service Awards, Tuition and Wellness Reimbursements.
• Assists in organizing employee activities.
• Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, opening and sorting mail, faxing, copying, maintaining files and ordering supplies.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned.
Essential Abilities or Functions
• Proficient PC skills as well as working knowledge of Word & Excel.
• Knowledge of Ultipro System (Preferred but not required).
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of recruitment and employment process.
• Ability to work independently, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
• Exercises judgment in making external contacts and in recruitment process.
• Screens all job applicants.
Experience & Education (minimum requirements)
• 2 year college or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years HR experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 21157
Job ID: 159689
Jul 7, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj899e-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.