Sr. Manager, Corporate Security & Operations
Director, Talent Acquisition
Team: Human Resources
PBS is a membership organization that, in partnership with its member stations, serves the American public with programming and services of the highest quality, using media to educate, inspire, entertain and express a diversity of perspectives. PBS empowers individuals to achieve their potential and strengthen the social, democratic, and cultural health of the U.S.
We strive to help every PBS-er bring their best work to achieve this essential mission.
PBS is looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to design and lead strategies that will support us in attracting and recruiting new team members. The Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for managing higher profile recruiting efforts; creating external candidate networking strategies; and partnering with other HR team members to lead internal processes such as candidate sourcing and screening, effective interview practices, candidate selection, and onboarding.
The Director of Talent Acquisition manages a variety of resources to support the ebb and flow of recruiting cycles, crafts sourcing strategies for various roles, from entry-level to executive-level positions, and ensures an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience. The Director of Talent Acquisition mentors and manages another member of the HR team with a focus on developing and leveraging data to share key insights with stakeholders.
In this HR leadership position, the Director of Talent Acquisition will be a significant contributor and influencer in our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council and programs; put a focus on building a diverse talent pipeline and; in partnership with the HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers, ensuring equity during the candidate selection process.
Building a strong employer brand for PBS is an ultimate goal so that we can develop strong talent pipelines for current and future hiring needs.
Some of What You'll Do
• Design and execute recruiting strategies to attract, assess and hire qualified candidates
• Proactively identify and address hiring needs
• Oversee and enhance the overall recruiting process and the candidate and hiring manager experience
• Evaluate and refine sourcing and selection procedures
• Make use of technology to implement an efficient and effective recruiting process
• Train managers and staff members in recruiting and interviewing skills, reducing bias, and effective onboarding processes and techniques
• Manage resources to best address recruiting volume and specialized recruiting needs:
• Develop and manage relationships with contract recruiters, researchers, and search firms
• Research and recommend new sourcing tools and recruiting software
• Envision and implement effective candidate sourcing techniques, networks and systems:
• Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs
• Organize recruitment events, communication and external relationships to establish a strong employer brand
• Form and manage activities and programs to encourage team members to develop and use their networks to source and refer candidates
• Promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates. Develope guidelines and principles so that hiring across our organization becomes more standardized and is conducted in a way that is explicitly designed to reduce bias.
• As a key member of the HR leadership team, contribute to workforce planning and participate in PBS's strategic planning regarding employee development and engagement
• Ensure a new hire orientation for new employees that reflects PBS values, provides a warm welcome, a well-rounded base of information that supports them in navigating the organization, and sets the tone for an engaging, successful work experience.
• Create reports and analysis that provide perspective to recruiting and hiring activity and insightful information to decision making.
The Experience You Bring
• 8 to 10 years of proven work experience ideally as a head of Talent Acquisition or similar senior-level HR or management position. PBS management experience is a strong plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management ,or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Hands-on experience with candidate sourcing, interviewing and evaluation
• Familiarity with Applicant Management Systems (ATS) and Human Resources software
• Knowledge of relevant employment law
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
• Experience managing or active involvement in DEI initiatives, and an understanding in building inclusive and engaged workplaces
• Experience with non-profit and for-profit mission driven organizations
• Connected and active in industry and HR networks. Understands talent acquisition and industry trends, innovative programs, and how to effectively apply them
• Experience in marketing and communications, branding or publicity is a plus
How You Work
• An excellent communicator – orally and in writing
• A team player and collaborator
• Technology savvy; makes use of technology and systems to manage recruiting programs, processes and information
• Strong influence skills and the ability to guide and direct others
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills; including high competencies in cross-group collaboration
• Strong vendor management skills related to recruitment activities such as search firms and job boards
• Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
• Ability to work with clients of various levels and interpersonal styles
• An enthusiastic promoter of public media and PBS's mission
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.