Overview and Summary:
Paramount Global is a leading global media and entertainment company that builds premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Motivated by iconic studio, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the US television audience and highlights one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative steaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution, and advertising solutions!
*This position supports Remote work*
We are looking for a Senior Application Support Manager to play a driving role in supporting Paramount's Global Media Supply Chain division. Media Supply Chain supports many brands across Paramount including Viacom Media Networks, Viacom International Media Networks and Paramount Pictures. The role spans responsibility from global support operations, day-to-day issue management, partner concern and resolution, SLA alignment, and executive reporting while driving efficiency, modernization, and operational improvements. The manager will also be actively engaged and have oversight on special projects and new application support onboarding to meet ever-changing business demands. The Senior Application Support Manager will work with the Director of Application Operations of Media Supply chain and lead a team of L2 staff and L2 onsite and offshore support leads with a 24/7 support team under them. The manager will apply industry standard tools and methodologies, such as ServiceNow, JIRA, SLA Alignment, etc. to monitor ticket trends and observe metrics to make suitable operational decisions. This person will work closely with the business, end users and Level 3 engineers, as needed, to ensure applications and processes function as anticipated to meet business needs!
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide oversight, mentorship and management of L2 Application Support team, bringing up to L3, the business or senior management as needed, while driving operational optimizations and improvements to processes and procedures
• Observe and adjust the current business functions and information needs including run books, user guides, Knowledge Transfer sessions, application onboarding, etc. Lead post-mortems on critical issues to make corrective action is taken.
• Assist in crafting project plans, hold internal and user-facing support meetings, and generate weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on ticket metrics, major accomplishments and improvement objectives
• Minimum 5 years of application support management experience with familiarity of the content supply chain including content management systems, distribution workflows, and cloud architecture platform support for all distribution platforms (linear television, VOD, SVOD, DTO, sites, apps etc.).
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical people and build and maintain collaborative relationships among the global organization (users, L3, etc.).
• Background in Customer Service and/or Vendor Management preferred
• Business knowledge of inventory and ordering systems preferred
• Proficient in writing and speaking English
• Experience with MS Office suite
• Knowledge of relational databases (MS Access, SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL) are advantageous
• Performance and monitoring platforms (i.e. New Relic and Sumo Logic)
• Basic Knowledge of AWS cloud architecture, technology and platform support
• Data exchange formats and translation (i.e. JSON, XML, XSD, XPATH, XSLT)
• Messaging bus technologies (i.e. RabbitMQ, AMQP)
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zk1m-34-228-52-21-42 in your application.